What is the larger purpose and impact of this role?
The goal of this role is to grow overall business/ sales from respective territory by ensuring not only all appropriate hotels partner with MiStay but also build a trustworthy relationship with MiStay for mutually growing the business. Apart from optimizing the supply through new hotels acquisition & improving efficiency of existing partner hotels, the Territory Manager will also be the face of MiStay for all engagements in the territory and shall drive sales & growth through partnerships/ brand visibility in events & trade-shows and other means.
What would be my responsibilities?
1. Market Study: Study the hotel supply landscape of the respective cities as per territory, map with the existing partner network and set the plan/ roadmap with timeline as per priority for new partnerships
2. New Hotel Partnership: Reach out to and meet new hotels as per the plan, pitch the concept of MiStay and partnership proposal, do the contracting and get the hotels on-boarded at MiStay platform
3. Relationship Management: Manage very healthy relationships with all the partner hotels in the respective territories by periodically meeting them and collaborate with them to maximize their sales & revenue from them:
a.) Rate Competitiveness: Consistently monitor and ensure the rates of the hotels in MiStay are very competitive, else discuss with the hotels to get rates revised
b.) Inventory Allocation: Ensure the required inventory is allocated to MiStay by the hotel
c.) Performance Analysis: Analyse the monthly performance of hotels at MiStay and identify opportunities for improvement, discuss the analysis with the partner hotels to collaboratively take steps for improving performance further
4. Brand Visibility: Maximize the visibility of MiStay brand in respective territory by ensuring MiStay brand collaterals are placed at all partner hotels and by representing MiStay in various relevant events/ tradeshows, etc
5. Alliances & Partnerships: Identify and execute other potential partnerships in the respective territory based on synergies to boosts sales
Location: Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore
The candidate shall be open to travel as per the requirements.
What type of a candidate will succeed in this role?
Ambitious & entrepreneurial candidate with strong business acumen
Passion for sales & relationship management
Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
MiStay is founded by alumni of IIT Madras and backed by Axilor Capital, Kris Gopalakrishnan (Founder of Infosys) and various industry professionals. Currently operational in 90 Cities in India with ~1000 hotel partners, MiStay has been featured as "Top 5 Websites globally for Hourly or Day-use Hotels" and is one of the fastest growing travel-tech startup in the country. At MiStay, everyone gets the opportunity to participate and contribute to overall growth strategies of the company apart from the core responsibilities, while working in an extremely entrepreneurial environment.