What is the larger purpose and impact of this role?
At MiStay, we are changing the way hotel operations have been managed traditionally. Changing the decade old traditions of rigid full-day hotel booking into flexible stay will be a paradigm shift in the hotel industry. Hotels are the backbone of this ecosystem and getting the acceptance will require bringing operational transformation in the functioning of hotels as well as the behavioural change in the hotel professionals.
As the Business Development Strategist at MiStay, you’ll be spearheading this change to bring awareness among the hotels and get them to join the movement by partnering with MiStay. You’ll be driving this transition in the hotel industry and can take pride in making an enormous impact in the industry for the betterment of the ecosystem.
What would be my responsibilities?
You'll be heading the hotel supply at MiStay and will be taking ownership to ensure the appropriate hotels are partnered with MiStay and they are appropriately managed to optimize their productivity and thus the revenue from them.
1. Strategizing the roadmap for hotel partnerships: Prepare the hotel partnership playbook in alignment with organizational goals backed by data & analytics with a detailed plan including prioritization based on geography & hotel category, goals, partnership channels, acquisition plan, etc
2. Hotel Relationship Management: Lead the team of the market managers across India to ensure they maintain very healthy relationships with the partner hotels in all the markets to maximize the sales & revenue from them. Ensure the market managers perform their responsibilities in terms of:
a.) Rate Competitiveness: Ensure the rates of the hotels in MiStay are very competitive
b.) Inventory Allocation: Ensure the required inventory is allocated to MiStay by the hotels
c.) Performance Analysis: Ensure the monthly performance of hotels at MiStay are analyzed (traffic, conversion rate, hotel content, competition, customer profile, hotel ranking, etc) and opportunities for improvement of performance are identified and executed
3. Building & leading Business Development team: Attract talent, on-board, train, monitor their progress and mentor the team (market managers managing different territories) towards collective attainment of business development goal w.r.t. new hotel partnerships and relationship management with existing hotels.
4. Hotel Partnerships & Key Accounts Management: Reach out to the important premium hotels/ chains as per the plan and get them to be part of MiStay, manage relationships with the important premium hotels/ chains.
5. Strategic Alliances: Identify & lead growth opportunities based on strategic alliances
What type of candidate will succeed in this role?
Entrepreneurial candidate (ex-entrepreneur/ prior startup experience is preferred) who can thrive in the startup environment focused on high efficiency with limited resources, can take initiatives & ownership
4-8 years of experience in sales & sales management is preferred
Ability to lead team - motivate and mentor them towards achieving aggressive goals while driving their growth
Data-driven analytical thinking & result-driven
MiStay is founded by alumni of IIT Madras and backed by Axilor Capital, Kris Gopalakrishnan (Founder of Infosys) and various industry professionals. Currently operational in 90 Cities in India with around 1500 hotel partners, MiStay has been featured as "Top 5 Websites globally for Hourly or Day-use Hotels" and is one of the fastest-growing travel-tech startups in the country. At MiStay, everyone gets the opportunity to participate and contribute to the overall growth strategies of the company apart from the core responsibilities, while working in an extremely entrepreneurial environment.